Saturday, December 5, 2009

It doesn't feel like Christmas :(

As most of you know we spent Christmas in Singapore last year. It was really hard to get into the "Christmas spirit" but I finally managed. One of the best things about Singapore (in my opinion) is that they really go all out for Christmas. They decorate the Orchard shopping area and it looks amazing. They put up so many lights and change the theme every year so it's always different.

Jamie and I purchased our first fake tree and because we were staying in town we had gifts all around it. Not to mention that it was close to monsoon season so at night we could lay out on the balcony and with the wind you would get a slight chill, it was quite nice. But Perth is a different story.

It's hot here! Being from Florida and spending time in Louisiana and Texas I don't expect a snowy Christmas, but people are celebrating summer break here. I did put our Christmas tree up, thinking that it would at least look like Christmas but I started to regret it as soon as I put the lights up. I have no other decorations for the house, nor do I have any gifts to put under it because I have done the majority of our shopping online. This way we didn't have to carry a bunch of stuff over and I won't have to spend so much time trying to get it done in the week before Christmas. Jamie and I will have to do some shopping for each other, but most everyone else will already be done. When we were back in the US I would usually have all of my shopping done before Thanksgiving, simply because I HATE the big crowds. People get rude, the stores are a mess, and I can't stand the lines everywhere. I wanted to cut that out as much as possible this year so I didn't spend my time at home pissed off!

So I'm here in Perth (loving it don't get me wrong), with a Christmas tree up, no gifts under it, and a husband who has been gone 18 out of the last 21 days. No wonder I can't get into the Christmas Spirit!

Hope everyone back home decorated this year because by the time we get there I will need a big pick-me-up! We are only 13 days away from out trip home and even though I say it every time it REALLY couldn't come any sooner!

No comments: