Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Holidays are over

Jamie and I have completed the long trip back to Australia and are now adjusting to life back in Perth. The flight back was just as long and uncomfortable as the flight over, but we were lucky enough not to run into any travel issues this time. We picked up the girls afternoon we got back, and I am a little sad to say that they were not overly excited to see me. Guess they had a little too much fun while we were gone! Not exactly a bad thing!

For the most part things are good. We arrived home to a huge stack of Christmas cards and photos from friends and family so thanks to everyone that sent them. Jamie's back at work (although he's been really sick since we've landed) and I have started on the domestic duties of the house to get things back in order. Even though I absolutely love Perth, I have to say that I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad to be back. I always get a little sad after a trip back home, but it's a little worse now that Kylie is on the way. It was a little more fun being pregnant with friends and family around to share the experience with and to not only be excited with me.

I am happy to announce that after 2 huge packages by mail (about $200 in shipping charges), 4 checked bags and 2 carry bags (all packed to the max) we were able to bring back all of the gifts and items purchased for Kylie! She has so many clothes, I am afraid she will outgrow half of them before she gets the chance to wear them! Oh well, a girl can never have too many clothes and accessories, right?

We had a great time getting to see everyone but really wish we would have had more time. To tell you the truth I don't think an entire month back would be enough time! We hope that those of you we were unable to see had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2010 will be a busy and life changing year for Jamie and I, but we are super excited to see what's in store for us and our little family.

I just hope that we can make it through the year without another move!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica,

You are looking fab! Cant wait to see lil' Kylie soon... Take care and miss ya! Hugs!!! -Kate