Monday, August 3, 2009

Home Sweet Home

As you have probably guessed from seeing this new post we made it to Houston. The flight was miserable, as I was still sick, but for the most part the trip over went pretty well. My only real disappointment came in Tokyo. We had thought about leaving the airport (since we had an 8 hour layover) to see some sites, but since I was still sick we decided it would be best to stay in. We did however invest in a "day room" which I must say is the best invention ever!! A hotel-like room inside the airport, who would have guessed that would be a good idea??

Surprisingly, I was able to make it through all of the airports with Punkin's blood in tow. After picking up our car we took it downtown to be sent off for testing. We were informed the next day that her levels were completely normal!! Whoo Hoo!! I can't tell you what a relief that was, and how bad the rest of the trip would have been knowing that there was a problem and I was here without her. Luckily, that was not the case. One more prayer answered to add to our "for Punkin" list.

We've been able to catch up with lots of friends so far, but we've still got more people to see in Houston. Not too mention, the food has been AMAZING!! Oh, how I missed the food. On Friday we leave for Pensacola, where the family time begins!

No comments: