Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The McMillan's are coming!!

So it's official, the McMillan’s (the folks that is) will be here in 51 days! Actually they will be in Australia in 51 days but not arrive in Perth until a few days after that. I guess I should have said "we will be meeting them in Sydney in 51 days!" instead.

I think that I have been going through withdrawls not being able to plan any vacations for the past 10 months! I am a little nervous about taking Kylie on a plane, but excited to FINALLY go on vacation even if the trip will be a short one. Jamie, Kylie and I will arrive in Sydney on the 3rd of Sept to meet the parents and then we will all fly to Perth on the 6th. The plan is to spend a week here and then drive down to
Margaret River where I've rented a house for us to stay in for a few days. We'll then head back to Perth where we'll wrap up the remainder of the vacay. The tickets have been purchased, hotels/houses booked and the list of to-dos all picked out! We haven't had any visitors since my mom left back in May so we are excited to be able to finally show Kylie off to some family in person.

On the home front things have been pretty quiet. It has been decided that I will not being going back to work just yet so I am spending as much time with my little lady as I possibly can. Last week we started attending our mom's group and met some really nice people that live in our neighborhood. We meet up once a week and talk about different topics lead by the community health nurse and then chat for an hour or so afterwards. Most of the topics do not really pertain to Kylie anymore as she is the 2nd oldest in the group (she was only 3 weeks old when the last group started so we decided to sit that one out) but I figured it would be a good way to meet other people in the area. So far it’s gone well and I can't get enough of them telling me how "well behaved" and "gorgeous" they all think she is! It's nice to know that others think that as well!
Kylie also had her 3 month check last week and I am happy to report she is still doing fabulous. She was 11 lbs and 24 1/2 inches long. She's growing out of clothes vertically, not horizontally, which is a good problem to have I guess so I won't complain! She's CONSTANTLY talking now days and does a good job of getting your attention if she thinks you are not giving enough of it to her! The people at my mom's group think it is so funny when she bust out with her baby babble and big ole smile while we are in the middle of a discussion. She's already learning that a pretty smile can get you want you want if you know how to use it!


Here are some recent photos of Kylie for the family.

This was suppose to be nap time but when I looked over this is what I found (11 weeks)

Spending time with daddy after the footy game (11 weeks)

Tummy time! (12 weeks)

Evidently I don't know how to hold it, so she took over! (12 weeks)

One minute she was playing and the next she was out! (13 weeks)

Just chillin' (13 weeks)

No comments: