Thursday, December 11, 2008

Guess that's life

Just when you think you're getting all settled in and know where everything is Christmas comes along! I never thought that I would find shopping so annoying, but I do! It's so hard to find items for Christmas when you are not really in the "Christmas" spirit and it's hard to get into the spirit when it's 85 degrees outside.

The biggest problem with shopping is that everything here is more than double what you would pay in the US. For example a Coach wallet is $510 Singapore dollars here (which is about $355 US dollars) but in the US the same wallet is $210, that's a big difference!

A lot of things are like that here. Watches that go for $2500 in the US are $3500 US dollars here. There are things you can find deals on, but you have to look so hard for them you get tired of looking around. Having items shipped over from the US are not really an option either since 1) it cost a lot of money to ship things and 2) anything sent over that is = $400 SGD or more is subject to duty and tax. So you will pay tax on it in the US and tax over here.

Oh well, guess that's how it goes! (Wouldn't you know it just as I am sitting here writing this one of the strands of lights on my Christmas tree just went out, go figure, guess we will be spending Christmas without family and lights!).

I was however able to find some stuff for Jamie and I can thankfully say that I am DONE shopping! YEAH! Jamie however is now going though the same problems that I have been having the past couple weeks and he is more aggravated than I was (to be expected when you hate shopping to begin with).

On another note Jamie and I are an aunt and uncle once again. My sister delivered a baby girl on Monday at 5:56 pm. She was 7lbs 10oz and I hear she is doing well. I don't have any photos yet, but when I do I will post some.

I do however have photos of our place. I realized that out of all the pictures I've posted there are none of the place. I am also including some photos of Orchard Road which is all lit up and decorated with stuff right now. It's not really "Christmas" like to me (the theme is "It's a sweet Christmas In Singapore"), but anything at this point will do!


View into lobby from lift and view from door


Small sitting balcony and larger balcony


View from balcony and balcony from inside.


View from weight room and guest bedroom and weight room



Master bedroom and masterbath, with another view of living room.

Below are the photos from Orchard Road. Looks more impressive in person.






No comments: