Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Here we go again....

As if I didn't have enough going on already, we hit a major snag in the McMillan move to Perth.

Here's a little background....

In order for the dogs to have approval to go to Perth there are steps you must take, in a specific order and time line. One of the things I had to take care of was getting some blood tests and vaccinations.

The blood tests must be drawn with in 30 days of export.

The vaccinations must be given between 1 year and no less than 14 days prior to export.

There were 5 blood tests, and 3 vaccinations that had to be done for each dog. The total cost was $1128.00.

These things were performed on the 21st of Aug with the thought that they would fly out on the 14th of September. That still gave me an extra 4 days (because they can not fly out on the weekend) in case anything happened, like the flights being full (yes, it happens for dogs too!)

I have had SEVERAL conversations with Qantas Airlines regarding the girls flying with them to Perth. During the conversation I had with them last week I was told that everything was okay but I could not make the reservation until 14 days before the flight, no earlier.

So, it's now this week. I have the import permits to get them into Perth. I have the export permit to get them out of Singapore. All of the lab work has come back clear. With everything seemingly lining up, I sent the information out yesterday to make the flight booking.

I was informed at 4 pm yesterday afternoon that they will not take Budder, as she is a restricted breed because she is a short nose dog.

THEY COULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME THIS A MONTH AGO????

Just when things were getting done, this comes up! Every conversation I have had with them I have told them what type of dogs I have. They have never told me it was a problem. I have called every airline that flies from Singapore to Perth, Sydney, and Melbourne and no one will take her. Jamie has called every pet moving company in Singapore and beyond and no one will help us. I've gotten her over to Singapore and now I can't freaking get her out, you've got to be kidding me!

At the end of today I FINALLY got some reassuring news. Malaysian airlines has told me that they will take her if I follow some extra conditions, which I am happy to do. The problem comes with the fact that they do not fly direct to Perth. They will have to go thru Malaysia which is not the same category county as Singapore according to Australian customs standards.

As a category 2 country there is a 30 day quarantine period for them when they arrive in Perth.

Malaysia is a category 4, which means a 180 day quarantine. Not good! I have been informed by the Perth quarantine that in some cases a special certificate may be issued but it's not a guarantee.

At this point we are waiting. Waiting to make sure that Malaysia Airlines does not change their minds before our reservations are confimed, and waiting to see if we can get the special approval to fly them thru Malaysia. If one of these two things do not occur, our move to Perth may be no more.

Hopefully this will get sorted out, but I don't have too much confidence right now. Singapore is determined to make me stay here, even when I am desperately ready to leave!!

No comments: