Sunday, October 4, 2009

Last night in Singapore

It's been a busy week, but we've managed to get everything taken care of! Tuesday was the last vet appointment, and instead of it being the basic check up it was scheduled to be Punkin ended up having amoebic dysentery....AGAIN! It started Monday and I was so afraid the symptoms wouldn't clear up before she had to leave and that would have just made the trip that much more difficult for her. Luckily, we started her on antibiotics Tuesday morning and she was doing much better by Wednesday night.

Thursday was a very LONG and EMOTIONAL day for me, but I somehow managed not to drive Jamie completely mad! The girls and I left Thursday morning around 9:30 to head to the Changi Quarantine Station for their inspection and kennel sealing. I walked them around while they were getting the paperwork settled and they were sealed in the crates around 10:45. We then went to the agent that would weight them and get them on the plane. Their flight was scheduled to depart at 2:20 with a stopover in Kuala Lumpur. They landed in Perth around 11:30 that night, but because of the time they were not taken to the quarantine station in Perth until 6 am the next morning! They had to spend almost 24 hours sealed in their crates, how miserable!! They had a very long journey to say the least. I am very excited to say that they did arrive safe and sound and when we spoke with the lady in Perth she said they were adjusting well. She kept talking about how "cute" and "adorable" everyone thought they were, and that made me feel much better. We have an appointment to see them and take them for a walk on Tuesday and I can't wait!

So, now we're in the hotel we stayed in when we first visited Singapore. The condo is packed, cleaned and the keys turned in. All that's left for us to do is board the plane in the morning and start our new adventure in Perth! We're excited, but we know there's a lot that needs to be done in the next few weeks. I'll try my best to keep everyone as updated as I can!

No comments: